- Personal information about visitors to our site is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted. For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with further services, such as requesting a taxi ride, or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries. It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in Australia.
Use of Information
- Apart from where you have consented or disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted, personal information may be disclosed in special situations where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. Also, we may disclose personal information when we believe in good faith that the law requires disclosure.
- We may engage third parties to provide you with goods or services on our behalf. In that circumstance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties in order to meet your request for goods or services.
- We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our sites, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
- However, we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
- In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. We limit access to Personal Information to employees or contractors who we believe reasonably need to encounter that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Collecting Information from Users
- Personal Information
“Personal Information” is the personally identifying information that you send or receive when you use Silver Top. Personal information may identify you or your friends and includes information such as your name, emails, addresses, websites, telephone numbers and photographs or whatever information you transmit or receive when booking with the Silver Top app or web booker.
- IP Addresses
Our web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services. Again, information is gathered in aggregate only and cannot be traced to an individual user.
- Cookies and Applets
This aggregate, non-personal information is collated and provided to us to assist in analysing the usage of the site.
Access to Information
- We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us to have the information corrected.
- In addition, our employees and the contractors (taxi drivers etc.) who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
How we use your information
- For our internal business operations. In general, we use Session and Usage Data internally to serve our Users and enable them to take maximum advantage of our service. We also store Personal Information to improve the functionality of our services. All information collected is stored on our servers and may be archived elsewhere. Access to your Personal Information other than Session and Usage Data will be limited to our employees, contractors and certain trusted third parties.
We may also combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies. For example, Personal Information may be used to conduct marketing analysis, to create an individual profile and provide personalised services, to provide services or complete transactions you have requested, to anticipate and resolve problems with the application, to respond to customer support inquiries, and to create and inform you of new products and services from us that better meet your needs. By requesting a service or clicking on an ad, you give consent for us or our marketing partners to communicate with you at any of the contact points you provide to us for any of the aforementioned purposes.
If you use features our services to tell your friends about Silver Top, your friends may receive an invitation to use our services and/or download the Silver Top application or access the website and web booker.
We may use information about you for our own internal purposes, such as to estimate our user base, measure aggregate traffic patterns as well as to understand demographic, customer interest, and other trends among our Users.
We may engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to us, including, without limitation, hosting and maintenance, customer relationship, database storage and management, and direct marketing campaigns. We will share your Personal Information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary or useful to perform these functions and provide such services, and only pursuant to binding contractual obligations requiring such third parties to maintain the privacy and security of your data.
Information about our Users, including Personal Information, will be disclosed as part of any merger or acquisition, creation of a separate business to provide the Site or the Application, or fulfil products, sale or pledge of company assets as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which Personal Information would be transferred as one of the business assets of the company.
- For marketing purposes. We do not disclose your Personal Information (other than Aggregate Information) to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, unless you first affirmatively agree to that disclosure.
We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances: (i) as may be necessary to perform internal analyses and business functions; (ii) as part of a business transfer; or (iii) when required by law or permitted to protect our rights, property, or safety.
If you use our services, you consent to our collection of your Session and Usage Data. We may use this information for internal analyses and external marketing purposes as described in this Policy.
We may display targeted advertisements based on Personal Information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click targeted ads meet the targeting criteria for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area. We do not provide any Personal Information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will assume that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- For legal enforcement. We may release your Personal Information in the good faith belief that release is appropriate and necessary to comply with legal process or authority (e.g., a lawful subpoena, warrant or court order); to enforce or apply our policies; to initiate, render, bill, and collect for amounts owed to us; to protect our rights, property, or personal safety, our Users, our employees, or the public; or if we reasonably believe that an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires disclosure of communications or justifies disclosure of records without delay. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, courts or other government entities.
We may disclose information pursuant to subpoenas, court orders, or other requests (including criminal and civil matters) if we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law. This may include respecting requests from jurisdictions outside of where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law under the local laws in that jurisdiction, apply to Users from that jurisdiction, and are consistent with generally accepted international standards.
Links to other sites
- We provide links to Web sites outside of our web sites, as well as to third party Web sites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that Web site and its privacy statement.
Problems or questions
- For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s web site; http://www.privacy.gov.au/.